Mon, Jun 05|
CDA Application (FY23SEVIR03)
For students who want to enroll in Child Development Associate (CDA) preparatory coursework. This class is for any of the CDA assessment types.
Time & Location
Jun 05, 2023, 6:00 PM – Aug 21, 2023, 9:00 PM
For students who want to enroll in Child Development Associate (CDA) preparatory coursework. This class is for any of the CDA assessments. Candidates must be employed at an ECE program at the time of applying.
Candidates who complete this course will have the knowledge they need for the CDA Assessment, as well as 120 clock hours completed. This course will be instructed online on Zoom and is self-paced with weekly Monday meetings at 6:00pm-9:00pm. This course begins June 5, 2023 and the last class is August 21, 2023.
CDA COURSE POLICIES
Fees for this course are due at the time of registration. The fee for this course has been reduced by a grant and includes the books you will receive. The fees for this course are non-refundable except in the case that the course is cancelled.
COURSE INSTRUCTION METHOD
This course will be instructed as follows:
This course will be instructed online on Zoom and is self-paced with weekly Monday meetings at 6:00pm-9:00pm. This course begins June 5, 2023 and the last class is August 21, 2023.
PENNSYLVANIA EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITMENT FORM
After receiving their acceptance email, candidates will be sent a short form to complete before starting the class. Candidates will not be able to begin the class unless the form is complete. If you would like to receive a copy of the form before registering, please email email@example.com .
As the course progresses, your instructor will guide you through the portfolio process, voucher application process, and will communicate updates from the CDA council on testing and verification visits (observations).
All candidates who successfully complete the course will receive 120 clock hours of professional education covering the eight CDA Subject Areas on the PA PD Registry. Candidates who do not supply a valid PA Keys Registry ID # on their application may not receive credit for the course. Candidates will be able to log in to their PD Registry account and view their hours once the course is complete. Any pending payments, assignments, missing information, laptops that need to be returned, etc. from the candidate may delay the candidate from receiving their hours.
All candidates must be able to successfully obtain criminal record, child abuse, FBI clearances, complete mandated reporter child abuse training, and pediatric first aid and CPR.
CDA ASSESSMENT & FEE (Separate from this course)
In order to complete the CDA assessment after the course, please note the following:
- You must have a high school diploma or be a high school junior or senior in an early education/child development Career and Technical Program
- Any time before you apply for the CDA assessment: Complete 120 clock hours of professional education covering the eight CDA Subject Areas (This requirement is satisfied upon completion of the course.)
- Within 3 years before you apply for the CDA assessment: Obtain 480 hours of experience working with young children.
- Within 6 months before you apply for the CDA assessment: Prepare a CDA Professional Portfolio according to the requirements outlined in the CDA Competency Standards book. (This requirement is satisfied by complting the binder during the course.)
- Upon successful completion of the course there is an additional $425.00 assessment fee. (This is separate from the fees to take the CDA Prep Course; this fee is charged by the CDA Council, not CCPN.) It can be covered with a voucher (grant) for STAR 1 or higher programs. Your instructor will guide you through the voucher process toward the end of the course.
Candidates absent for more than 3 classes will be dropped from the course and will not receive credit. Absences for in-person and online sessions means not attending a class for more than an hour, and for self-paced courses means missing more than 3 assignments/modules. Candidates who must be absent for a class must let their instructor know in advance.
LAPTOP BORROWING POLICIES
If you are borrowing a laptop through CCPN, please refer to your Chromebook Loan Agreement for the complete terms and policies. Candidates who do not return their laptop at the end of the course may not receive credit. Candidates who are dropped before the end of the course must return their laptop within (1) week of the last session of the class that they attended.
COURSE POLICY AGREEMENT
By submitting this application, candidates agree that the information submitted on this application is accurate to the best of their knowledge, and agree to adhere to the policies of the course.
CDA Application (FY23SEVIR03)
This is the application for the CDA course. Once submitted, this application will be reviewed by CCPN, and you will be contacted by email a few days before the start date with an official confirmation of your acceptance.$75.00+$1.88 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out